Within Broken Borders uses multimedia to provide stories of hope in the midst of conflict while encouraging people to participate in the conversation leading toward restoration.
B. Company Goals
- Create awareness and educate people on global issues
- Start conversations that will ultimately break down barriers between cultures and humanize the oppressed, forgotten, and rejected
- Eliminate the negative mentality between borders of different countries and cultures
- Develop media that captivates viewers and inspires them to act
- Empower and support the local people and organizations involved in our media projects by developing lasting relationships
C. Overview and History
Within Broken Borders is the only production company that is dedicated to creating stories of the hope that exists within areas of conflict while directly engaging and supporting the communities involved in the conflict. The company is built on the idea that hope is the foundation of breaking down barriers between people groups and moving toward restoration. The stories created by Within Broken Borders will educate viewers about different areas of conflict and inspire them to engage with the unknown. The company is devoted to starting and leading necessary conversations pointing toward restoration.
Anna Medearis and Joe Miller started the company in the spring of 2010 as freshman in college, developing their first film, From the Eyes of Hope, to address the Israel-Palestine conflict. The short was received the "Best Documentary" award at the world's largest youth film festival, NFFTY. Since then, the film was screened across the nation including at a side event at the Sundance Film Festival and was made publicly accessible via YouTube.
Having extensive experience and connections in the Middle East, Within Broken Borders continues to develop stories within this region. Though the company's niche is the Middle East, Within Broken Borders will cover conflicts from around the globe.